Head Teacher – infant, toddler and primary
The Montessori School Foundation is seeking AMI trained teachers to lead infant (6 weeks to 18 months), toddler (18 months to 2.5 years) and primary (2.5 years to 6 years) classrooms for its Montessori school.
As The Montessori School is still being built, the head teacher will have the unique opportunity to design a beautiful Montessori classroom with state-of-the-art materials from leading manufacturers as well as local artisans. The head teacher will be assisted by two co-teachers (depending on the number of students in the classroom) or teaching assistants, which he or she will help recruit. Each classroom will include indoor and outdoor spaces. Typical classroom ratios are 1:3 for infants, 1:6 for toddlers and 1:12 for primary students.
In addition to creating the learning environment, the head teacher will also actively promote the school, mentor the next generation of Montessori teachers and build the Montessori community on the island.
Work hours are 8 am to 4 pm Mondays through Fridays, which includes leading the assigned classroom from 8 am to 2 pm on weekdays.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist with designing, implementing and promoting the Montessori environment.
- Facilitate classroom activities.
- Actively promoting the school through local media and events.
- Encourage and assist in positive social interactions.
- Ensure safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Maintain regular communication with parents.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the overall early care and education.
- Planning, preparing and implementing programs.
- Train teaching and non-teaching assistants.
Our ideal candidate:
- An adventurous soul with a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Passion for the Montessori philosophy and excellence communicating this philosophy to parents and the community.
- Pleasant demeanor, approachable, genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families.
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, their families, co-workers and other members of the community.
- Ability to provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment that supports the education and safety of children.
- Professional, dependable and ability to contribute original ideas to further build the environment and promote the Montessori lifestyle.
- AMI certified for the ages 0 through 6 years.
- Prior experience working with and/or teaching assigned age group; an understanding of the needs of students at this age.
- Native English, Spanish or Mandarin speaker. Bilingual or multilingual is a plus.
Good salary, basic health insurance, paid time off, housing for the first year (for international candidates only) and generous tuition discount.