Co-teacher – infant, toddler and primary
The Montessori School Foundation is seeking AMI trained teachers to assist the head teacher in infant (6 weeks to 18 months), toddler (18 months to 2.5 years) and primary (2.5 years to 6 years) classrooms for its Montessori school.
The co-teacher has an important role in creating the tri-lingual environment that The Montessori School is aiming for. The co-teacher will assist the head teacher with facilitating classroom activities and guiding the children and their families as well as head the aftercare program. Each classroom will include indoor and outdoor spaces. Typical classroom ratios are 1:3 for infants, 1:6 for toddlers and 1:12 for primary students. In addition to helping to create an effective learning environment, the co-teacher will also actively help promote the school and build a Montessori community on the island. Work hours are 8 am to 4 pm Mondays through Fridays, which includes heading the aftercare for the relevant age group.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist the head teacher in the classroom.
- Head the aftercare program for the assigned age group.
- Actively promoting the school through local media and events.
- Encourage and assist in positive social interactions.
- Ensure safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the overall early care and education.
Our ideal candidate:
- An adventurous soul with a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Passion for the Montessori philosophy and excellence communicating this philosophy to the community.
- Pleasant demeanor, approachable, genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families.
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, their families, co-workers and other members of the community.
- Ability to provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment that supports the education and safety of children.
- Professional and dependable.
- AMI certified for the above age groups.
- Prior experience working with and/or teaching assigned age group is a plus; an understanding of the needs of students at this age is a must.
- Native English, Spanish or Mandarin speaker. Bilingual or multilingual is a plus.
Good salary, basic health insurance, paid time off and generous tuition discount.
Are you eager to start a new chapter of your life and help shape the future of our community? Send us your resume and a well-written cover letter telling us more about yourself and your goals at [email protected]