Certified teaching assistant – infant, toddler and primary
The Montessori School Foundation is seeking trained teaching assistants to assist with creating an enriched outdoor environment and the before and aftercare of infants (6 weeks to 18 months), toddlers (18 months to 2.5 years) and primary students (2.5 years to 6 years) attending its Montessori school.
The teaching assistant has an important role in creating the tri-lingual environment that The Montessori School is aiming for. The teaching assistant will assist the head teacher in guiding the children outdoors during school hours, prepare the outdoor environment, facilitate outdoor activities as well as providing before and aftercare to the students. In addition, the teaching assistant will actively help promote the school and build a Montessori community on the island. Work hours are 7am to 7pm Mondays through Fridays in 8-hour shifts.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assist the head teacher with the outdoor environment.
- Assist with the early and aftercare of students.
- Prepare the outdoor environment.
- Actively promoting the school through local media and events.
- Encourage and assist in positive social interactions.
- Ensure safety and well-being of children at all times.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the overall early care and education.
Our ideal candidate:
- An adventurous soul with a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Passion for education; passion for the Montessori philosophy and excellence communicating this philosophy to the community is a plus.
- Pleasant demeanor, approachable, genuine warmth and love for guiding children and their families.
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, their families, co-workers and other members of the community.
- Ability to provide a safe, loving and nurturing environment that supports the education and safety of children.
- Professional and dependable.
- Certified for the above age groups.
- Prior experience working with assigned age group is a plus; an understanding of the needs of students at this age is a must.
- Native Papiamentu, Dutch, English, Spanish or Mandarin speaker. Bilingual or multilingual is a plus.
Good salary, basic health insurance, paid time off and generous tuition discount.
Are you eager to start a new chapter of your life and help shape the future of our community? Send us your resume and a well-written cover letter telling us more about yourself and your goals at [email protected]